ETL Senior DEVELOPER
Position Type:Contract , Start Date: 2014-08-25, Duration: 1 Year, Number Of Openings: 1, Location: Qu?bec - Montreal
Essential Qualifications :
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technologies, Software Engineering, Computer Sciences or equivalent experience;
• Generic knowledge of all IT domains;
• At least six (6) years of practical experience as an ETL developer:
o Expert knowledge of Informatica tools & features (e.g. Power Center, PDO) including administration tools/consoles with working knowledge to configure servers and services;
o Expert knowledge of data modeling & data warehouse concepts;
o Able to perform code reviews and identify opportunities for code performance and tuning, suggest best practice and make recommendations;
o Able to define ETL Architecture and solution.
• Knowledge of Scheduling/Sequencing tools is an asset;
• Knowledge in managing huge XML files
• Knowledge in the Oracle XML file managing tool such as XML DB
• Working database knowledge:
o Able to perform db administration: create users/privileges; create db objects: tables/views;
o Perform simple database troubleshooting (OLTP);
o Perform basic database monitoring and tuning (OLTP);
o Working knowledge of T_sql, pl/sql, sql (Oracle, sql server, Sybase).
• Working scripting knowledge (e.g. Unix, Perl);
• Working knowledge of presentation layer - reporting tool (Business Objects, MicroStrategy, SAS)
• Bilingual (French/English) who has the capacity to adapt his communication to most of the situations and audience. Proficient in planning his communications, facilitating a meeting or workshop;
• Able to proactively plan his/her work over multiple timeframes ? week-months-year and juggle multiple priorities and deliver as per commitments;
• Able to plan and execute complex tasks without supervision, identify potential roadblocks and mobilise resources to remove them and achieve goals;
• Able to identify and analyze complex problem, identify root cause, provide detailed description and plan, design and deliver workaround/solution;
• Capable to evaluate without supervision the effort & time required to complete a deliverable and/or task thru collaboration, teamwork, honesty, commitment and respect;
• Basic knowledge of cost drivers associated with OSS systems deployment and operations with the ability to develop simple business cases for projects;
• Comfortable interviewing non-technical people to gather/discuss requirements;
• Knowledgeable of ITIL, eTOM and TOGAF with ability apply management of change principles in the deployment of new processes or change to existing process;
• Gets easily acquainted to new technologies e.g. programming language within 2-3 days;
• Wireless/Telecom Operations and Engineering business Knowledge including basic understanding of Radio access, Core network and Value added Services technologies and configurations.
MobileComm is an EEO Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, age, national origin, sex, marital status, prior military service or mental or physical disability.
|Email this Requirement to a friend:|